Organizer: Professor Dr. Milena Ratajczak-Mrozek (Poznan University of Economics and Business) with Dr. Rolf D. Schlunze (RU)
Time: 11th to 12th February 2022
Place: Poznan University of Economics and Business, Poznan Poland; CEUE Building, Room 2.10 (Towarowa 55, 61-896 Poznan Poland)
We are looking forward to meeting our research group members in Poznań gathering for the first ManGeo workshop. Our workshop is designed to prepare further research activities such as our Special Session at the Global Conference of Economic Geography in Dublin but also thinking about our common research theme Management Geography in purpose to design a joint research project to be conducted in future. Our young research group is eager to discuss how we can develop innovative approaches based on theory, spurred by innovative methods finding empirical evidence for the importance of our geographical perspective on management in an increasing complex world. During the workshop we will ask questions as How can management contribute to changes that provide a better global future with responsibility for the sphere of their managerial realm?
Find below the final program and some practical information regarding your trip and stay in Poznan.
Final Program of the first ManGeo Workshop at Poznan University of Economics and Business
Mangeo Workshop Part I
Friday 11 Feb. 2022 (2 pm – 6 pm)
2 pm – Beginning of the Workshop
Only in case that participants from overseas wish to attend we are conducting a Zoom Meeting. Please contact [email protected] by 10th Feb. in case you are interested to join us online.
Set 1: Theorizing managerial or organizational spaces
In this session we will discuss new theories for investigating managerial mobility, practices and decision-making in private and governmental organizations transforming spaces of international economy and management.
- Lech Suwala (Free Univ. Berlin): Management Geography – Main rationale, theoretical, methodological and empirical implications.
- Pior Pachura (Czestochowa University of Technology): In search of a conceptualization of management geography – People, structures and processes.
Set 2: Providing empirical evidence
In this session we will discuss management issues focusing on knowledge transfer and/or management as well as localizing and globalizing practices. Reviewing studies that focus on managerial embeddedness, hybridization/ intercultural competence, CSR, COPs, GPNs and strategic decision-making of transnational firms and investment promotion.
- Tomasz Dorożyński (University of Lodz): Do investment incentives matter in MNEs location choices? – Empirical Evidence from the Lodz Province.
- Milena Ratajczak-Mrozek (Poznan University of Economics and Business): Three perspectives of companies’ embeddedness (social, inter-organizational network & territorial) and the insights on its measurement.
ManGeo Workshop Part II
Saturday, 12. Feb. 2022 (9 am – 12 am)
This session will be held in hybrid form. Speakers and participants need to join the Zoom Meeting.
We will invite the first two speakers online to a scheduled Zoom meeting starting 9:00 AM (MEZ; Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna). Please login 10 minutes earlier to the start of the meeting!
- Guest speaker: Michael Kronenwett (Kronenwett & Adolphs UG): MyNetworkmap – an online tool for social network analysis
Set 3: Deepening our understanding on the increasing spatial and managerial divide – Global north-north and global south-south connections
- CHI Cheng (Ritsumeikan University): Mapping external embeddedness, social networking practices and external stakeholder engagement from a cross-cultural management lens
- Rolf D. Schlunze (Heinrich-Heine Univ./Ritsumeikan University): Shaping spaces of innovation communities – Analyzing the role of promoters in German Japanese innovation networks
Finally, all participants will consider steps to prepare our Special Session at the 6GCEG; and options of joint research project by the participating ManGeo Research Group members.